Sunday 24 June 2012

Euro 2012 Hairstyles

So I have been loosely following the Euro 2012 football tournament currently taking place. While I do like football, 90 minutes is a long time to watch a game without getting bored. Hence why I have started rating football players based on hair. Here are some of the most memorable hair cuts i have so far observed:

1.Fernando Torres

So, I've always had a soft spot for Torres. Mostly due to the fact he dyes his hair blonde and wears girly headbands while he plays. I was disappointed when he moved to Chelsea and let his hair grow back brown. Since redyeing it blonde, it seems he has re-found some of his previous form. Proof that blonde is always better. Rating 8/10

2. Andy Carroll / Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Surprisingly I have been seeing a large amount of footballers in euro 2012 with ponytails e.g. Andy Carol and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I've never been a fan of men with ponytails. There is something weird to me about a football player running about the pitch with his hair in a ballet bun. It should never be done, just no. . Rating 3/10

3.  Petr Jiráček
 If this hair cut was designed to scare away the opposition I think its working, he terrifies me at least. But honestly, I don't think he needs the long ragged locks to be scary, please cut them off..!   
Rating 1/10 

4. Cristiano Ronaldo
Blergh. Ronaldo has the hair or someone who is arrogant, over-confident and in love with himself. So I guess his haircut reflects him well. While I can't stand him, his hair isn't too bad, if a little over gelled. Rating 6/10


5.  Mario Balotelli

Haha, well what can I say. While this hair cut is clearly ridiculous (for obvious reasons)  it really wouldn't be right if someone wasn't sporting a platinum blonde mohawk at a major tournament.  Rating 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment