From what I have been able to find out, the Liebster Blog award is given to people with blogs of less than 200 followers in order to help them gain recognition and increase their following. Each recipients then tags another load of people to carry on the chain.
It works like this. First I post 11 facts about myself, then I answer the questions set for me by Emily and then I write my own questions for the people I tag!
Facts About me
1. I'm obsessed with my hair. And my friends hair, and celebrities hair, and well... everyone's hair really.
2. I love Sport. I read the sports pages of the newspaper first, I have my own fantasy football team, I started a second blog to rant about sporting events (please check it out here!!!)
3. I have a cat. I'm definitely a cat person. Dogs freak me out.
4. My favourite music is: bombay bicycle club/paolo nutini/the vaccines/foster the people/two door cinema club/etc.
5. I really can't spell. I've managed to get 0/20 in school spelling tests before. I survive using my computer spell check.
6. I cry at almost everything. Films, Tv shows, the news.. I have even been know to cry during adverts.
7 I don't really like shopping.
8. I live in England, I've only been aboard twice on school trips. The furthest south I've been is Brittany in France.
9. I can't walk in high heels. I am known for being that person who is forever falling over on nights out constantly complaining that my feet hurt.
10. I have a small obsession with the comedian Jon Richardson
11. I ran a half marathon last year.
Questions from Emily:
1. Item in your make up bag you can't live without
Definitely my mascara. Being blonde I have really pale eyelashes so without mascara my eyes look so washed out. I'm at the stage where my eyelashes are almost permanently stained black because I use waterproof and it never comes off.
2. Favourite place in the world
I love the beach. Its sucks because I live almost as far away as possible from the sea so I haven't been for years.
3. One sure fire way to make you laugh
I'm the kind of person who laughs at everything. I'd easily laugh if someone started doing a dance and singing
4. Reason you started your blog
I wanted somewhere to vent about my hair obsession, and also boredom I guess. I'd finished my exams at school and suddenly had a load of free time to myself
5. Favourite reality tv show
Made in Chelsea
6. Mini dresses or maxi dresses?
Mini Dress, I've always felt I'm too short to pull of a maxi
7. Curly hair or straight?
Straight hair - for me its just easier.
8. If you could learn how to do one thing, what would you learn?
I'd love to learn how to do a back handspring. I always wished I could do gymnastics
9. Favourite novel
Always Bridget Jones's Diary. I love Bridget so much.
10. Spirit animal
A bird, maybe a swallow or swift.
11. Motto for life
"Don't let go. Never give up it's such a wonderful life" Wonderful life - Hurts
-This award is all about discovering new blogs and helping blogs with fewer than 200 followers to be recognised. It's a great way for similar smaller blogs to find one another with similar content and increase their traffic a little more and possibly gain new followers as well.
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer all 11 questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 more for the people you tag.
- Choose 11 people with under 200 followers and tag them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know they're tagged.
- No tag backs!
My Nominees :
11. Mollie Elizabeth
1.Why did you start your blog?
2. Describe your personality in three words.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. Who is your favourite singer or band?
5. What beauty product could you not live without?
6. What person most inspires you?
7. Favourite character from a film/tvshow?
8. Flat Shoes or Heels?
9. What is your favourite cocktail or drink?
10. What would be your dream job?
11. Apart from your own, what is your favourite blog to read?